walk a-musing

Monday, July 10, 2006

Hibernation

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At last! It is time for my annual summer - about six weeks - hibernation. (Does the wise Walrus hibernate?) And where else, but in Mysore! Ooh ha! (courtesy Al Pacino in 'Scent Of A Woman') But unlike the other unfortunate animals, I don’t work hard to stock up the larder during the previous weeks, I systematically empty it. Also, during hibernation, I eat much more than I eat during the rest of the year!! Slurp Slurp !! Let's not go into pulse rates and body temperatures.

This year there is something new to consider. My blogging. The family in India which gets all upset when I am not found online while I am here, gets even more upset if I am, while I am there. "You didn’t have to come all the way here to sit in front of the computer", they say. Unfair, you say? Oh, well, that's family for you! :)) But I don't want to miss blogging totally. So I have taken some measures.

The person who first suggested I blog wanted me to write about my travels, particularly to those parts of the world which are not high on the list of the Indian tourist, like Cambodia, northern Thailand (with a peep into Laos and a look through the binoculars at Burma, sorry Myanmar), Kyoto, Hiroshima, Nara and Nikko in Japan, plus a few places in Europe and Australia where we do bump into other Indians. But I never got down to writing about them on the blog. I had e-mailed my nieces and my brother after I returned from some of these places. I have uploaded them on to my blog along with some photos and I hope to do some quick editing before posting them when no one is looking.

I will also definitely visit my favourite spots on the blogosphere whenever I can. I am so afraid that I will be forgotten that I will even try to comment and remind you all about my presence, but please understand if it is only “hm…“, "wow!", 'huh!", "ptchah" and not my usual wise, well thought out,....alright, alright, I will stop.

More from India! Hurray!!!

Labels:

28 Comments:

  • At 1:41 AM, Blogger Harsha said…

    You know whats weird... I just saw "scent of a woman" yesterday and I am travelling to Mysore for this weekend :)

    Have a nice trip!!! Ooh hoo ha !!

     
  • At 1:59 AM, Blogger Shruthi said…

    Hooray!!! THE week is finally here!! And you'd better not make it all-Mysore! Some days for your nieces in Bangalore too! :D
    Great! So we can at last look forward to the travelogues! Good going!

     
  • At 3:15 AM, Blogger rajeev said…

    Have a nice trip, and tell us all when you come back.

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger Inder said…

    Have a nice trip to home :)
    'The journey home is never too long...'. It is not just Bombay Dreams. It is everyone's dream. Have a good time. :D

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger starry said…

    Lucky you..Have a safe trip, lots of fun, take pics and come back refreshed. I wish I was going with you. Its been 11 years since my last trip to Bangalore, a lot has changed I am told. Hopefully I will be able to go this year.

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Deepak said…

    have a great time. The super highway must be ready now ;-)
    and keep those posts coming

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Id it is said…

    Happens to all of us! As for blogging...it's addictive no doubt, but that's partly because it's therapeutic and the blogger cannot have enough of it... So blog on!

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger PRIDERA said…

    Have a wonderful trip ! I am sure its gonna be loads and loads of fun !

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Enjoy!

    And yes we are surely missing your insightful comments. :)

     
  • At 1:08 AM, Blogger chitra said…

    Yes, now u have good deal of job to do, once you are back. ou ahve to read all the posts and the punishment is you have to comment on all of them!

    Just joking!, Enjoy your vacation. we miss you in the blogsphere!

     
  • At 2:07 AM, Blogger GuNs said…

    You coming to India?
    Cool. Have a great flight. Avoid Mumbai coz its raining like hell out there last few weeks. You must have read that in the newspapers.

    -PeAcE
    --WiTh
    ---GuNs

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Bhargav said…

    Have a nice trip, Anu. You have indeed traveled to some beautiful places. Please do write about them. Way to go..."Hibernating Walrus"

     
  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger Rose said…

    ~laughs~

    Happy Hibernating..

    :D

    ..Me

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Anu said…

    Thankyou everyone! I am in Bangalore! We had missed the news about the blasts in Mumbai since we were on the flight. Truly horrible! :((

     
  • At 3:24 AM, Blogger Emma said…

    I hope you are having a wonderful trip. I am so looking forward to your travelogues.

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hows the hibernation going? do stock up on a lot of goodies..though I suspect you are banned from blogspot..hopefully back soon!

     
  • At 2:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i can imagine the excitement...went through the same a few days back and now am in India..

    so make the most of ur trip...hope u have a lot of fun!!!

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger P said…

    Hoorah for the holiday!
    I so could use one (sigh)
    Nice blog by the way..

     
  • At 3:48 AM, Blogger Mysorean said…

    Blogrolled you!

    Envy you because you can go to Mysore! And for how many days did you say?!!

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You seem to be in a very long hibernation. Waiting for your next blog post. Hope to see you soon here

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Mysorean said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Mysorean said…

    Anu, one request.

    Can I cnp (copy n paste) the comment posted on your "Mysore" post by Viky? I will convert it into a main post and also quote where I picked it up from. No changes will be made. No quotes will be twisted. I am anti-ToI you see! ;)

    Please approve my request.

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger GuNs said…

    Hey !!

    Its a LONG LONG time since this post. C'mmon, its time for a new post. You are still in India, aren't you? Tell us about your experiences here. In fact, you should write a post everyday about your experiences on that day !

    Buck up...we are all waiting for you.

    -PeAcE
    --WiTh
    ---GuNs

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    in desperation and in waiting for your return I just tagged you :D
    have fun

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Anu said…

    Thankyou everyone! Really busy here in India. I did not check my mail for two weeks! But I will be back in my usual seat in about ten days and hope to type away like before.
    Adi, sure you can copy paste Viky's comment. If you have to ask anyone, it is him, dont you think? Thanks anyway!

     
  • At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awesome...u seem so hapy and like u're having fun!!

    i'd say dont worry abt friendly visits on the blogosphere..concentrate on the real life ones!!!

    we'll be right here when u return!!

    enjoy!

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger Mysorean said…

    Anu:
    Thanks for your approval. Though it was Viky's comment, I wanted you to approve because it was on your blog. You could have sued me later na?! Once blogs get really famous and money comes in and all that you know! ;)

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bhargav was asking when you'll start writing again ;-?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home