walk a-musing

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Back!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back again, in my favourite corner of the sofa, with my own laptop, aware of not having kept the promise I had made to myself before leaving, So much to share, not a clue where to start......
I had a great trip, though at times I did get a slight doubt that I was mad along with the rest of the world, moving from place to place, through impossible traffic just to spend a few minutes with people with whom I could have had much better conversations over the phone, and eat stuff which my stomach expressly ordered my mouth not to accept and which the mouth heartily disobeyed.....
Mysore was as usual wonderful. Such lovely weather! No need of sweaters, and no need of fans! One of the things I have been raving about is the restoration of Karanji tank by the zoo authority. I had not been there on my previous visits but this time I went for a long walk and came back thoroughly impressed. A neat path around the tank, many variety of trees with small boards telling their local and botanical names, Islands full of hundreds of birds and a viewing tower, a small island with flowering shrubs which attract numerous butterflies, well laid out seating areas.....a visit is a must! A walk here and the customary walks along the Kukkarahalli tank, a few music concerts, a play, good Indian food, company of loving family and friends....and I have come back fully restored!

14 Comments:

  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger PRIDERA said…

    Welcome back Anu.
    I hope you are rejuvenated after this trip! Hoping to see interesting posts from you !

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger nevermind said…

    Welcome back. Did pretty much the same thing 6 weeks ago, though I didn't go down to Mysore. Restored is the word:-)

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Harsha said…

    Welcome back!!

    Not very familiar with Mysore, but keep going there once in 3 months.

    Can you tell me where Karanji tank and Kukkarahalli tank are in the city? or outside? Will check out the place on you reco when I go there next time.

     
  • At 3:14 AM, Blogger Shruthi said…

    Goodbye Aunt Anu :(, Welcome Blogger Anu! :)

     
  • At 4:54 AM, Blogger Mysorean said…

    Welcome back Anu! :)

    Waiting to hear from you!

    The comment on Mysore in your blog by Viky is making waves on the blogsphere. His blog talks more about it. Check it out whenever you have the time! :)

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger Anu said…

    Pridera, Nevermind, Thankyou!

    harsha, Thankyou. To reach Kukkarahalli kere you go down Devrajurs road away from the city market, past the District office (which is itself a beautiful structure), in front of the Crawford hall(another beauty), turn right at the tiny circle, cross the railway line and you find the entrance to the tank on your right.
    Karanji kere is near the zoo. perhaps this map can help you
    http://www.mapsofindia.com/maps/karnataka/mysore.htm
    There is a relatively new natural History museum next to it, which could also be interesting!

    Shru, :))

    Adi, Thanks! Lot of catching up to do!

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Deepak said…

    welcome back Anu!

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger Viky said…

    Welcome back to the land of Thay-ms :D!!!

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Bhargav said…

    Its nice to have you back Anu. I guess the walrus had plenty of oysters and wine...;) Any thoughs of posting some picture stories (pics from your trip)?

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Harsha said…

    Thanks !!!
    Will check it out soon :)

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In recent days I have been hearing about karanji kere, but have not visited yet. During my next visit to Mysore, I surely will.

    Looking forward for more posts..... with photographs of course.

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back.

    And by jove, that was a long one!

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Anu said…

    Hee.... thankyou for making me feel really good to be back!

     
  • At 3:46 AM, Blogger rajeev said…

    hey, Where have you gone off again.
    Pls come back and give us more to smile about.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home