walk a-musing

Friday, October 05, 2007

Another post

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It has been more than a week since I announced that I was back and I have not put up a new post. I have been going around with thoughts popping into my head that I want to share on the blog but sitting down for long enough to type hasn't been easy. I have been doing some adding up to see what takes so much of my time. I have not taken up a new job or anything. But there is surely so much more to do since last year.
In addition to what I did before, I have joined an arts class. I have joined a book club. I have begun to particpiate in a few musical activities in the area. I have started to learn music from my sister (on skype!). But perhaps the most important difference is that I now live in my own house and more interestingly, I have my own garden. I am one of those who believes that the house exists for me and I dont exist for the house, meaning, I dont go about cleaning and polishing, tidying and arranging all the time. But in order that the house works for you, you have to work on the house a bit. One has to put up blinds, fix up shelves, change taps, buy furniture....the list is endless. And this being Britain, everything takes -phew!- a lot longer than elsewhere. Either you do everything yourself or when you have to get it done by someone, you start by taking three quotes from three places. And the garden? That is a whole different story and the subject of a series of posts. To add to all this the house is in a village a few miles from town so I spend more time in the car than before.
But you know how you feel when you stop exercising and start again? You just cant understand how or why you had stopped. That is the way I feel about blogging. I dont want to stop again.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 3:40 AM, Blogger Shruthi said…

    Well, do what I used to do.... compose the post when on the road.... and then when you get to your system, type it up real fast! :D

    And yes, don't stop~

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger rajk said…

    Hi,
    You should write about your book-club. I'm sure that will make for interesting reading.

     
  • At 3:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Blogging=mental exercise! waiting for more thought provoking posts and travelogues

     

Post a Comment

<< Home